TASK has two institutional pharmacies situated at clinical trial sites in the Western Cape.
- Manage Investigational Product (IP) receipt and communication with sponsor
- Host temperature-controlled storage areas and 2-8-degree Celsius storage, with back-up and built in safety redundancies and these are equipped with 24-hour controlled Central Temperature Monitor Systems (CTMS)
- The pharmacies have ample space for packing, labeling and dispensing activities, which includes but not limited to monthly or daily dosing pack size preparation for participant use.
- Boast comprehensive IP accountability support with documentation control, monthly stock-take functions and complies with industry standard packaging requirements.
- Support other clinical trial sites with IP transport where sites are decentralised from the central pharmacy.
- Are Department of Health and South African Pharmacy Council (SAPC) registered, which includes all pharmacists and assistants;
- Division of Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (DAIDS) approved
- The full complement of registered and trained pharmacy personnel ensure Good Pharmacy Practice (GPP) are upheld.
The Distribution Pharmacy services offered:
- Distribution pharmacy handle temperature-controlled bulk storage of IP and the import and export assisted duties.
- Intended destination can be within Africa or international.
- Any courier services will be managed by the distribution pharmacy.
In conjunction with using the distribution and warehousing services, there is an additional community pharmacy that can be utilized to create the perfect package for your management of IP from bulk supply to participant ready packs. These two separate pharmacies are on the same premises which enables good value for your requirements.
Dispensing will be from direct order/request from trial investigator/medical doctor.
- Ordering of medication available in South Africa for participants/patients per prescription from medical doctor/investigator.