TASK Eden is a newly established, multi-discipline pharmaceutical research site, located along South Africa’s world famous Garden Route.
George, a close knit coastal city, has expansive first world infrastructure, particularly in the private and public health sector. This is ideally complemented by an independent research site like Eden, who works closely with both sectors to ensure an excellent standard of care to all trial participants and timely recruitment of volunteers.
Despite being newly established, TASK Eden has completed a COVID-19 study and is currently engaged in two more. In addition to this Eden is also running trials in various other therapeutic focuses including heart disease, chronic kidney disease and wound care.
For more info on how Eden can be of assistance contact Melissa Mitchell by completing the contact form below or log on to taskeden.org.za for more information.
TASK Eden Clinical Research Centre, a dedicated research site (DRS), has been established in the coastal city of George, South Africa
The 380m facility consists of:
- Doctor examination rooms
- Clinical procedures general ward with lung function equipment
- Trial pharmacy for storage & dispensing of Investigational Products
- Dedicated sample processing lab
- Audio Visual equipped training & meeting room
- Administrative offices
- Participant waiting area
- Dedicated monitoring room.
Recruitment and medical support is ascertained through our relationship with George provincial hospital, as well as various clinics in the vicinity.
- The city has an airport that accommodates daily flights to and from the major cities of Johannesburg, Durban and Cape Town.
- George is situated halfway between Cape Town and Port Elizabeth on a major national highway along the Garden Route.
- The Nelson Mandela University
- MediClinic and Geneva Day hospitals
- GVI Cancer Unit
- Garden Route Centre for Eye Laser & Plastic Surgery
- Pathology Labs
- The GoBus service