Accredited HIV counselling & testing course
What is the course about?
HIV in general:
- What is HIV / History of HIV
- HIV Function and Types of HIV
- HIV Stages and Opportunistic infections
- HIV Transmittal
- HIV Prevention
- HIV Treatment
- Complications, Advice, Stigma and Myths
- General Counselling
- Pre Counselling
- Post Counselling
- Counselling Methods
- HIV Test types, Procedures, Interpretation
- Rapid HIV Testing Practical
Who should attend:
- HIV counsellors
- Field workers
- Anybody that want to learn more about HIV
What can you expect to learn:
- Moderate to advanced knowledge of the basics of HIV
- How to counsel a patient
- How to perform a HIV rapid test
- Practical counselling and testing section included
The one day accredited course is R 3300 (VAT Inclusive).
We require at least 6 candidates to commence with a course.
The course is hosted at TASK facilities in Cape Town. Companies are also welcome to contact TASK Academy for arranging a date to host group trainings at their own facilities.
Please contact us if more information is needed.